Monday, May 25, 2009

Back to blog

I have missed many days to work on my blog, labs and study. I has suffered the seasonal pollen allergy again this year. It causes me sneezing. And they are very bad and pailful sneeze, and make me feel all my energy is gone and pressure go against my ear drum so much that I believe my ear drum will fail one day because of this.

But here am I. I have learned to use mouth to breath in and out and pinch my nose before any indication of sneeze.

I recently has start my MCSE 2008 track, but I need to take MCSE 2003 exam first. It was 8 years ago that I have taken exam last time. I hate to take the exam, but I know there is a reason for it and I have to live with it. Both my CCNP and MCSE have expired many years now.

So I booked the easiest one, 70-270 (XP client , core) to start, and passed on Sunday. I trust my experience on XP and recent work with XP deployment and image, but the study still give me a golden opportunity to understand what Microsoft think and how great the product is. The more I learn , the more I like it. It help me to tight up many loosed end, just like to button every single button on a complicated cloth even it is unnecessary for carry out the daily routine.

Here are the list of those buttons that I just recently understand their existence:
  • windows file protection, AKA, WFP; and sfc.exe command to scan dll and system executable file; this answer one of question why XP is stable than thos OS prior to it
  • Simple file sharing. Which is configurable for XP home and disable for XP pro if joined in a domain. It make the sharing easier/ guest account/ only share tab avaiable
  • In place upgrade. It is very important during early adoption era for a product like this. Upgrade a windows 2000 /98 to XP with winnt32.exe command
  • USMT , user state migration tools vs. file and setting transfer wizard
  • gpresult, rsop, secedit,gpedit and many aspects to the GP and intellimirror
  • AIPA addressing. or 169.254.0.0/16 address space
  • compatibility mode
  • all user profile and default user profile
  • remote assistant

No comments:

Post a Comment